IT Services at the Institute
The goal of the IT Services Group at the Institute is to support the scientific work by providing both Hard- and Software for the different services and applications.
- Networking (Internet Connection, Firewall, LAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN)
- Directory Access- and Naming Services (SSO - Single Sign On, LDAP, NIS, NIS+, RAS, DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Mail services (Web Mail, Calendar, Address Book, Email Clients)
- Storage and File Services (SAN - Storage Area Network, file servers, FTP, Backup)
- High Performance Computing (Clusters and single-node compute servers)
- Software (Software Devolopment and License Management)
- Database Services (MySQL, SQLite)
- Web Services (Intranet, Collaboration Tools, Content Management, Wikis, Extranet and WWW)
Through the tight and intensive collaboration with other Institutes and the Administrative Headquarters of the Max Planck Society - as in example in the range of computing and cristallography software with the MPI of Molecular Physiology in Dortmund and in the range of Content Management with the MPI for Physics and the Administrative Headquarters in Munich - we aim to achieve a constant enhancement of these services as well as to promote a lively exchange of knowledge within the Max Planck Society.